Making Curriculum Pop

About the MC POP NING! (56)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Understanding Media Literacy: New online course

Understanding Media Literacy: Inside Plato’s CaveAn online course, available July 2010A breakthrough course fills a gap in media education…

Started by Frank W. Baker

0 Mar 28, 2010

Tell the Common Standards Writers What They Omitted

Dear friends and colleagues: Time is running out. If you agree with our petition below, you need to go to the SUBMIT FEEDBACK section of th…

0 Mar 21, 2010

PLAYLIST: CONNECT THE MINDS (CTM) QUIZ - PDFs for College, HS, MS, and a try at Elementary

This post that is a follow up to the larger blog post and article - PLAYLIST: CONNECT THE MINDS (CTM) ACTIVITY + ARTICLE PDF!!!. l decid…

Started by Ryan Goble

5 Mar 7, 2010
Reply by Ryan Goble

QUESTION: Tips for improving media journals

Since my question is pretty general, I decided to post it here. I teach an undergrad media, culture and society class and require my studen…

Started by Antonio Lopez

2 Mar 3, 2010
Reply by Antonio Lopez

To Earn an MA in Ed. Tech for the new job?

Hey all, My name is Matthew and I'm a noob to the MC Popper's club.  I'm here because I'm in the process of creating a PLN for myself due l…

Started by Matthew Baughman

0 Feb 22, 2010

Truth In Advertising

If your school subscribes to The New York Time's UPFRONT magazine, you may be interested in this feature in the March 1, 2010 edition.  The…

0 Feb 20, 2010

Games, mobile phones, South Africa, and other nifty stuff

(I'm following Ryan's suggestion and posting this information here in the discussion forum; it  is also cross-posted in my blog and in the…

Started by Jeff Kupperman

0 Feb 17, 2010

Does Digital Media Make Us Bad Writers?

An English professor and a linguist examine how digital media are transforming students’ writing and how writing itself is changing.

0 Feb 9, 2010

What Is the Most Useful Resource You've Found @ MC POP?

Last week we had our first "official" crowd sourced question - What popular music would you use explore Black History Month?  Our 1,500+ cr…

Started by Ryan Goble

3 Feb 9, 2010
Reply by Ryan Goble

Super Bowl Ads, Diet Ads, & The Oscars IN THE CLASSROOM

I have recently revised three popular resources on The Media Literacy Clearinghouse web site: Using Super Bowl Ads In The Classroom (the ga…

0 Feb 3, 2010

RSS

Events

© 2024   Created by Ryan Goble.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service