Making Curriculum Pop

Best Practices & High Quality Teaching (18)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

MAKING GROUP WORK POP - PT. 2

When I first started teaching my favorite metaphor for education was jazz. I thought, and still do think, that the teacher's job is to crea…

Started by Ryan Goble

7 Aug 19, 2010
Reply by Wisdom

GROUNDHOG CLASS?

I probably should have done this post on Feb. 2 - c'est la vie. For those of you that don't remember the Bill Murray film Groundhog Day ref…

Started by Ryan Goble

3 Mar 7, 2010
Reply by Ryan Goble

PLAYLIST: CONNECT THE MINDS (CTM) ACTIVITY + ARTICLE PDF!!!

Connect the Minds (CTM) I think a lot of teachers, myself included, struggle to find ways to make class less like this: and more like t…

Started by Ryan Goble

15 Mar 4, 2010
Reply by Ryan Goble

Flipbooks and Thaumatropes: A Beginning Look at Film

Over three years ago, on a day during my student teaching when I was feeling particularly brave—my cooperating teacher also happened to be…

Started by Virginia Pourakis

4 Jun 15, 2009
Reply by Belinha De Abreu

Final Project--The Moving Image in the Classroom: Why Media Production Matters

(originally posted May 5) My vodcast “Why Media Production Matters” attempts to answer the essential course questions: • Why should we st…

Started by Jennifer

0 Jun 4, 2009

The Globalization of Education in the Digital Age

Hi everyone! In supplement to my final project for Teach, Think, Play III: The Moving Image in the Classroom entitled "The social signific…

Started by Dina Paulson

0 May 5, 2009

Elmo and Emotional Intelligence

I considered sneaking my 2 year-old daughter into our meeting with Kevin Clash. I would have risked being bounced out just to see the look…

Started by KGray

1 May 4, 2009
Reply by Kate Rosenbloom

WHAT MAKES A QUALITY TEACHER?

Last week I wrote about Napoleon, a first year teacher at my school who is a NYC Teaching Fellow. Like Teach for America, this program plac…

Started by Ryan Goble

1 Mar 18, 2009
Reply by Paul Restivo

RSS

Events

© 2024   Created by Ryan Goble.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service