Making Curriculum Pop

General Discussion (46)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

MediaThatMatters Film Festival

I found one of the most compelling presentations during the two days of the TTP09 conference that I attended to be the Media That Matters p…

Started by Ann Heilman Murphy

14 May 31, 2009
Reply by Ryan Goble

Literacy Through Video Narratives: Reflection on Catherine Gourley's presentation by Alex Jones

I truly enjoyed Catherine Gourley's presentation as she began with the amazing principal that film is more than an industry, more than just…

Started by Alex Jones

5 May 11, 2009
Reply by Dina Paulson

Film and Human Rights

I mostly use documentaries to encourage dialogue about human rights. As a Spanish teacher, many of the lessons I create focus on different…

Started by Regina Casale

0 May 10, 2009

My Final Project-- blog on using the moving image

Check it out!

Started by Alice King

0 May 8, 2009

Bringing New Literacies in to the Classroom: Reflection on Dr. Kist's Presentation

I really enjoyed Dr. Kist’s lecture for he knew how to engage us in our learning through active participation. Instead of just talking to u…

Started by Elizabeth So

18 May 3, 2009
Reply by Virginia Pourakis

Illustrating sexualization in pop culture

Greetings. I am teaching at the college level for the first time, and am developing my materials for the Pop Culture: Sexualization unit fo…

Started by Erika Jane

16 Apr 30, 2009
Reply by Megan Lucas

Not to be morbid, but ...

I am doing my presentation on Saturday about When Death Goes Pop -- with a curriculum for a college-level course that brings in clips from…

Started by Diane D

2 Apr 28, 2009
Reply by Dina Paulson

Questionnaire to compare the American & German way of teaching: "Movies at school!?"

Hi, nice to meet (some of) you at the pre-conference on Saturday, March 28th. I am a researcher from Germany (working at the University of…

Started by Petra Anders

1 Apr 27, 2009
Reply by Regina Casale

Math and Media??? What and How?

Since last week's TTP conference, I have been wondering, aside from Sesame Street's model, how one could put video or media in the classroo…

Started by Diane D

1 Apr 24, 2009
Reply by Ryan Goble

Using Twitter to improve your teaching

If you're a teacher (and I'm assuming you are if you're in this Ning!) and also a Twitter user, you'll want to check out http://twitter4tea…

Started by Kelly Farrow

2 Apr 21, 2009
Reply by Kelly Farrow

RSS

Events

© 2024   Created by Ryan Goble.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service