To me, Tagxedo is fun, flexible, and versatile. It is more art than "tag cloud". Although many teachers who have played with it love it, the vast majority of teachers still haven't heard of Tagxedo, and many who have still hardly touched what Tagxedo has to offer. Some people simply dismissed Tagxedo as "yet another Wordle alternative" without looking further.
I decided the best way to go about this is to show people different ways to use Tagxedo. 101 ways to be exact!
Each one of these 101 ways is accompanied by at least one example. While some of the "ways" are not directly related to education, even then the techniques are just as applicable.
I hope you can check it out. Keep in mind that everything mentioned in the presentation can be done by you! Or your students!
P. S. A few examples --
(1) Make a Class Tagxedo
(2) Expand Students' Vocabulary -- great visual art, with the original word front-and-center.
(3) Break the Ice
(4) Make a Poem Tagxedo
(5) Start a Class Topic
(6) Improve Students' Writing Skill
(7) Summarize a Field Trip Report
(8) Appreciate Other Languages -- typography, characteristics of languages
(9) Make a Language Art
(10) Teach Students about Cultures of the World
(11) Improve Your Writing
(12) Stimulate Early-Childhood Learning
(13) Create a Synonym Wall
(14) Building SAT Vocabulary -- great visual art