Making Curriculum Pop

Identity: Gender, Race, Sex, SES & Power Discussions (318)

← Back to Identity: Gender, Race, Sex, SES & Power
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

RESEARCH: sheds light on how to inspire, recruit and retain teachers of color

“I can count on one hand the number of black teachers I had in K–12. Every single one of them had a profound effect on me. They had a way o…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Nov 24, 2018

ARTICLE: Being there for NonBinary Youth via @Tolerance_org

“With every sex ed class we have that’s not inclusive, and every English class where there’s no inclusive literature, there’s another trans…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Nov 17, 2018

COLLECTION: Resources and Recs for Native Histories via @Tolerance_org

Use the resources and recommendations in our latest Moment to help ensure Native histories and experiences are respected and represented in…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Nov 17, 2018

RESOURCES: via the National Museum of the American Indian (NMAI)

via @SmithsonianNMAI ‏ An exhibit at the National Museum of the American Indian (NMAI), titled simply Americans, shows how every aspect of…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Nov 14, 2018

IDEAS: Analyzing How Words Communicate Bias

Analyzing How Words Communicate Bias | Teaching Tolerance https://t.co/3nq6lCS1Ml — Curriculum21 (@curriculum21) November 8, 2018

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Nov 12, 2018

DOC: The Native American Truth and Reconciliation List

Dawnland reveals the untold narrative of Indigenous child removal in the United States. It's available to stream for educators and features…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Nov 7, 2018

RESEARCH: Complicating the Narratives - My Vote for Best & Most Useful Long Read of 2018!

I've had the good fortune of taking a class in Peter Coleman's Advanced Consortium on Cooperation, Conflict and Complexity (AC4) @ Columbia…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Nov 4, 2018

DOC: King [MLK] in the Wilderness

Write up from Teaching Tolerance's "What We're Watching Section" Fall 2018 King in the Wilderness In the new documentary King in the Wilde…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Nov 4, 2018

BOOK: The Dark Fantastic - Race and the Imagination from Harry Potter to the Hunger Games

Description from NYU Press ... Reveals the diversity crisis in children's and young adult media as not only a lack of representation, but a…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Oct 29, 2018

BLOG: Let's Stop Pretending To Kill a Mockingbird is Progressive

To Kill a Mockingbird’s “privileged position in the canon is muscling out some other great books—and that’s what should make us uncomfortab…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Oct 28, 2018

RSS

Events

© 2024   Created by Ryan Goble.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service