Making Curriculum Pop

Identity: Gender, Race, Sex, SES & Power Discussions (318)

← Back to Identity: Gender, Race, Sex, SES & Power
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

INFOGRAPHIC: The Paradox of Tolerance via Karl Popper

Teaching about #hatespeech requires discussion of the paradox of intolerance: if a society is tolerant without limit, it will eventually be…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Oct 28, 2018

ESSAY: The Year I Stopped Reading White People

"I look for stories that take me places I’ve never read before, stories that take me places I have, and stories that anchor me to home. I k…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Oct 28, 2018

ARTICLE: Can Diverse Books Save Us?

“As a teen librarian in the whitest state in the union, I feel it is my duty to not have the collection reflect my community, but rather to…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Oct 28, 2018

NYT INTERACTIVE: #Thisis18 Young Women Around the World in Photos

Have you seen #Thisis18, the NYT's new interactive in which young women photographers from around the world show what life is like "at the…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Oct 15, 2018

VIDEO/ARTICLE: Should the SAT and ACT Be Required for College Admission?

Do you know the history of the SAT? In this week’s episode of #AbovetheNoise host Myles Bess explores the origins of standardized testing a…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Oct 14, 2018

NEW BOOK: Meet an Indian-American Kid Superhero in #SuperSatyaSavestheDay

This fun new picture book by journalist @Raakstar from @BharatBabies is a tribute to the the superpowers that ALL children are born with. G…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Oct 14, 2018

NEW BOOK: Jamie Is Jamie challenges gender stereotypes in the toy box

Be yourself and play your way with Jamie. https://t.co/t1ILarjigg pic.twitter.com/xjstQHYxW0 — FreeSpiritPublishing (@FreeSpiritBooks) Octo…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Oct 14, 2018

ARTICLE: Helping Student Writers Learn to Code Switch.

NEW: Helping Student Writers Learn to Code Switch. @Jeremybballer #elachat #engchat @ncte #edtech Teacher Jeremy Hyler shares strategies to…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Oct 14, 2018

INTERDISCIPLINARY IDEA: "The Danger of a Single Story" in ELA & Mathematics

No really, teach these together!  Learn more about the Lathisms podcast, funded by an MAA Tensor-SUMMA grant, and its efforts to share unde…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Oct 14, 2018

ARTICLE: AP English Literature and the Pedagogy of Whiteness

Fallout from the AP World History's decision to cover only history post slavery and colonialism got me thinking about AP English Literature…

Started by Ryan Goble

0 Oct 14, 2018

RSS

Events

© 2024   Created by Ryan Goble.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service