Making Curriculum Pop

This institute may be of interest to some of you.  Please email me with any questions.  Thanks!

From July 19-23 Endicott College, located on the ocean in Beverly, MA, is offering an educator institute titled "Understanding 9/11 through American Culture."

This one week institute will examine the ways American culture—specifically art, drama, fiction, film, poetry, and television-- responded to September 11, both in the immediate aftermath and in the years
that followed.  Questions to be considered include:

•     How have novels, films, plays, poems, television shows,and songs represented and made sense of 9/11?  

•     Are there differences between early and later cultural responses?

•     How do different disciplines approach the same event? 

•     How can we teach today’s students about the rich, nuanced, often profound responses to this single historical moment?

This institute is appropriate for any teacher or scholar interested in learning more about the cultural responses to 9/11.  Participants will network with one another, share ideas, and begin to develop
teaching or research materials relevant to this subject area as is appropriate
to them.

For more information, please visit http://www.endicott.edu/summerinstituteamericanculture

Please register by Friday, June 11th.  Thanks!

----------------------------

Amy M. Damico, Ph.D.

School of Communication

Endicott College

Beverly, MA 01915

978 232 2170

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

Amy this sounds like a fabulous opportunity. I'm teaching summer school so I'm out for 2010. Do you envision this institute as an on-going emerging kind of experience? Suzanne
Thanks, Suzanne! I hope so. This is our first year so if it goes well, we'd like to continue it thereafter. I appreciate the interest. Amy

RSS

Events

© 2024   Created by Ryan Goble.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service